*- indicates required field.
Please complete this application to apply for funding for coast community initiatives. Pūtea mō ngā kaupapa hapori rohe.
Part 1: Applicant Details
This may be the same as your mobile number.
All correspondence will be sent to the above email or postal address.
If you are successful your grant will be deposited into the bank account number you have provided if a verified deposit slip is included in this application.
1. Deliberations on grant money applications will be conducted by the Coast Community Board and must meet criteria approved by the Board, see part 3 Application Criteria.
2. Applications must be received by the Ōpōtiki District Council a minimum of 3 weeks before the Coast Community Board meets, at which a grant decision is required.
3. Applications must be received in a timely fashion to allow a grant decision to be made prior to the anticipated date of expenditure for which funding is requested.
4. Grant applications will only be considered from organisations and not (an) individual(s).
5. Applications will only be accepted from those organisations that are established within the Coast ward. If such an organisation proposes to provide assistance funding from a Coast Initiatives Fund grant then the reasons shall be outlined in the application.
6. Grant money shall only be paid on submission of an invoice with a verified bank account deposit form and GST number (if GST registered) details on the organisation’s invoice.
Part 2: Project Details
Event / Project details
5. The budget / Ngā pūtea
If you are GST registered - Do NOT included GST in your budget.
If you are not GST registered - Include GST in your budget.
Project costs - List all the costs of your project and include details of items this covers.
If your application is approved it is part of the criteria that a written report along with photos will be submitted to the Community Funding Initiative committee within one month of the project being completed.
Part 3: Application Criteria
The Coast Community Board has adopted the following criteria in assessing funding for projects:
1. The types of project/event which will be considered for funding are;
• Marae facility development and upgrades excluding projects, or components of projects, that can attract funding from other funding sources.
• Community facilities and sports fields.
• Pride and beautification projects within the community.
• Community events.
• Coastal access excluding private access.
• Infrastructure projects specific to coastal communities that may be outside of Council's immediate priorities or that may add value to existing initiatives.
• Education and training for organisations, or members of organisations, resulting in ongoing benefit or increased opportunities to the coast community.
2. In preparing to assess applications to the CIF the Community Board Members shall at all times give due consideration to:
• The Model Standing Orders for meetings of the Opotiki District Council on the matter of pecuniary
(i.e. financial) interest; and
• The Opotiki District Council Code of Conduct in regard to conflicts of interest.
Part 4: Declaration
You must read and agree to the following. Please check each box to show that you have read the information and agree to each section.
If this application is successful, I/we agree to: